This week in our child-led homeschool…
So how has your week been? Any little ones head off to school for the first time this week? Who’s back to the classroom soon? Anyone starting homeschooling for the first time this year?
This week we didn’t spend much time at home. Between therapy appointments, catching up with friends before they head back to school and our homeschool co-op, it felt like we were out most of the week. I am definitely looking forward to a quieter week next week.
Here’s a little from this week…
Australian Curriculum Links:
- Recognise and classify familiar two-dimensional shapes and three-dimensional objects using obvious features (ACMMG022)
As well as making patterns with glass gems and Spielgaben dots.
- Write using unjoined lower case and upper case letters (ACELY1663)
Jack is really starting to gain some fluency in his writing. He’s been writing for a little while now but he was using a lot of capital and back-to-front letters. Now his letters are all the right way round and evenly sized.
There’s a few pieces of art that I wanted to show you this week. Jack (5.75 yrs) and Sarah (3.75yrs) are still using watercolours a lot. Jack is still reluctant to fill his page with colour but Sarah is really embracing it.
Jack has been drawing a lot this week. I was really taken with this one. He drew this picture of a robot, cut it out and then drew the back. He was a little disappointed that the back was smaller than the front but I think it is incredible.
- Science involves asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE021)
- Compare observations with those of others (ACSIS213)
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS029)
And some photos I meant to share with you earlier. Jack and Sarah have been learning about turtles lately. We have two pet turtles; Frankie and Squirt. They have been learning about their behaviour, habitat and feeding patterns.
And since we had a lot of rain this week….
What did learning look like at your place this week?
A snapshot of our week, our everyday story
This post contains affiliate links