As parents, you want to make your child happy with their interests. We also can’t deny that every kid has their hobbies but most of them have been taught to write and draw. So I can ensure with you that if you gift your child an art set, they will not be disappointed. And if your kids have a passion for art, you’re lucky.
What Are The Best Art Sets For Kids?
- Crayola Inspiration Art Case Coloring Set
- Art 101 142 Pieces Wood Art Set
- 4M Magnetic Mini Tile Art
- Alex Toys Artist Studio Portable Art Set
- Creabow Crafts Drawing Stencils Set
- Melissa & Doug Art Set
- Craft-static String Peace Sign
- Art 101 Double-Sided Trifold Art Set
- Melissa & Doug Stained Glass Made Kit
- Melissa & Doug Stamp-a-Scene Wooden Stamp Set
- Spirograph Design Tin Set
- Klutz Sew Mini Animals Sewing & Craft Kit
Top 12 Best Art Sets for Kids Reviews 2020
Crayola Inspiration Art Case Coloring Set
|Dimensions||2.2 x 15.5 x 11 inches|
|Item weight||3.32 pounds|
|Recommended age||36 months – 15 years|
- Professional looking
- The colors are non-toxic and child safe
- It has a snap-fit design which let the components stay tight
- The size is quite large
Maybe we don’t need to talk much about the Crayola brand it is a trustworthy art supplies maker for kids. This art case included 64 crayons, 20 pieces of Super Tips highly washable marker and finally is 20 pieces of Pip Squeak washable skinny marker.
The impressive thing about this product is all markers got a versatile design that allows your kids to draw any thin or thick lines. Not yet, this art set also comes with 18 pieces of colored pencils and 25 sheets of drawing paper so the kids can right way let their creativity to turn into an amazing painting. But that’s not the only thing making me love this art case, this one is also got a stunning appearance.
The build of this art case is quite secure so the children can bring it anywhere they want to draw. But it is also the thing I don’t appreciate about it because it completely doesn’t fit your child’s backpack. Anyway, this Crayola art set is worth it.
Art 101 142 Pieces Wood Art Set
|Dimensions||14.8 x 3 x 9.5 inches|
|Item weight||6.14 pounds|
|Recommended age||Older than 3 years|
- Beautiful and luxurious case build
- Include removable drawer
- Convenient mixing pallet
- Choking hazard because this case has some small parts
I am sure that the first thing you would say when you look at this Art 101 art set is “Wow!”. Yeah, I did say that when I first saw it, this art case is a masterpiece. It is made of nice wood and well finished so your kids will proud of when they carry it around.
Moreover, this art set contains 60 pieces of vibrant colored crayons, 2 sticks of oil pastels and 24 pieces of colored pencils. It also got 24 cakes of watercolors with 3 mixing palettes and 2 paintbrushes. With all of that stuff, Art 101 142 Pieces Wood Art Set is ready for every drawing purposes as well as anytime.
After all, the design and materials are the most things I like about the art set. To be fair, this Art 101 Art Set seems doesn’t have anything to complain about except the crayons tend to get jumbled up during shipping, but that isn’t a matter at all when you can tell the shipper deliver it carefully.
4M Magnetic Mini Tile Art
|Dimensions||2 x 2 x 0.2 inches|
|Item weight||12 ounces|
|Recommended age||Older than 8 years|
- Develop a kid’s creation
- Giving various of supplies
- Compact size
- Quite small tiles and a limited quantity of tile
Art is creative of course. If you want to find an art set that is unique and full of creative then 4M Magnetic Tile Art is probably your choice.
This art set consists of 12 tiles, rubber magnets, a paintbrush, 5 different colors of paint, double-size tape and instructions. Each tile is 2 by 2 inches so kids will handle it easily. But tiles aren’t really big so the kids have to draw skillfully, this also makes kids are more creative when they can arrange tiles to any shape they like.
It’s the reason why I appreciate this art set that much, playing with this one is not only let kids have fun, learning to draw and paint but also bring them opportunities to develop their creativity.
If there is anything I want to improve this art set then it would be the quantity of tile, 12 tiles are just not enough for big work.
Alex Toys Artist Studio Portable Art Set
|Dimensions||14.6 x 1.6 x 12.6 inches|
|Item weight||1.1 pounds|
|Recommended age||36 months – 15 years|
- Variety of art parts
- A mixing palette
- A paintbrush
- 12 watercolor cakes
- 36 markers
- 20 paper clips
- 24 colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels
- The carrying bag is very thin
Portable and adequate are what I will introduce with you about Alex Toys Artist Studio Art Set. This Alex art set has got a lightweight and portable design so that your kids can carry anywhere they want like. The kids can use at home, school or even when traveling. But you don’t worry about its supplies. By containing up to 150 pieces of almost art materials, this art set is completely enough for any drawing purposes.
It is also a big advantage of this art set. However, I don’t like the durability of crayons and the carrying bag, you have to use them carefully.
Creabow Crafts Drawing Stencils Set
|Dimensions||12.2 x 1.6 x 9 inches|
|Item Weight||1.65 pounds|
|Recommended age||4 years and up|
- Compact size
- Suitable for both boys and girls
- Come with over 260 templates in any kind of shape: animals, letters, numbers,…
- Choking hazard
- The palette and forms are a little bit small
We always want our kids good at drawing, clearly shape. But not everyone was born for painting so kids have to learn. Don’t worry about it, drawing stencils set is a solution for this.
This drawing stencil set from Creabow Crafts comes with 260 stencil templates and available for almost usually things and animals. It’s also got 13 colored pencils, a sharpener, a mechanical pen as well.
Sometimes people said that art is creative, mean we have to draw it on our own. But there are always 1 percent is from talented and the rest is from training.
So honestly I like how the forms help kids get better and better at drawing over time they practice. But there is one thing I hope Creabow Crafts can make it better, it is the size of some forms is quite small.
Melissa & Doug Art Set
|Dimensions||19.2 x 11.1 x 5 inches|
|Item weight||6.6 pounds|
|Recommended age||36 months – 8 years|
- Non-toxic components
- All parts are dishwasher-safe
- Promotes creativity and good motor skills
- Contains small parts
Providing a variety of drawing materials, Melissa & Doug’s art set is nice and meet basic requirements for painting. It contains 4 bottles of poster paint, 4 paint cups, 4 brushes, a paper roll, chalk, an eraser, and a dry-erase marker.
You may be afraid that kids will get dirty when playing this art set. It isn’t a problem because the paint is washable.
Besides that, all components of this art set are also non-toxic as well as easy to use. But there are nothing is perfect, this Melissa & Doug art set includes some small parts so you should look after the kids while they drawing sometime.
Craft-static String Peace Sign
|Dimensions||10 x 2 x 10 inches|
|Item weight||10.2 pounds|
|Recommended age||10 – 15 years|
- Free design
- No particular tool needed
- Including 3 different square foam canvases
- The pins are easy to bend
Do your kids too bored with a common art set and want to play something new, something interesting? The Craft-static String Peace Sign is my answer for you.
String crafts are a type of art that allows kids to create anything they want by simple things. This set comes with 3 different foam square canvases and all the materials to make the design. Craft-static String set also provides templates for helping kids easier to create, especially it doesn’t require a hammer or significant tools to use.
By the way, I think being able to touch, feel and 3D view are things I love the most in Craft-static String Peace Sign.
Art 101 Double-Sided Trifold Art Set
|Dimensions||12.2 x 2.5 x 16 inches|
|Item weight||1 pounds|
|Recommended age||3 years and up|
- Easy to use anywhere
- A pop-up easel is available
- Strong and elegant case
- The markers dry out easily
Art 101 probably is a brand in top art set manufacturer, especially for kids in the world. Art 101’s products are tended to many usages, such as for beginner, at home, at art school or even for professional quality.
Double-Sided Trifold Art Set is the one for beginner. But don’t get me wrong, this art set is something you should consider. It come in 48 crayons, 48 oil pastels, 24 colored pencils, 18 watercolor cakes, 12 markers, 10 sheets of paper, 4 large clips, 3 paper clips, 1 sketch pencil, 1 paintbrush, 1 ruler, 1 sharpener, 1 eraser, 1 kids color wheel, 1 sponge, 1 white watercolor, 1 pop-up double-sided easel and 1 trifold organizer case.
You’re might wondering how can an art set for amateur bring you so many supplies like that, right? Well, let’s see it’s a good deal.
Melissa & Doug Stained Glass Made Kit
|Dimensions||0.7 x 10.9 x 11.2 inches|
|Item weight||10.4 ounces|
|Recommended age||5 – 10 years|
- Easy to use
- Nice for any age
- Be able to hang on the wall
- Quick craft
Melissa & Doug Stained Glass Made Kit is more like a handicraft decoration than an art set. But no, from the begin you just have pieces of plastic and a frame. Yeah, that’s all. And if you want to make it become a masterpiece for your own, you have to paint color on plastic pieces, then carefully fit them into the frame.
So you are the one who will decide it’s a sparkling work or a trivial creation. This kit will teach you how to be careful and patient hence I like it a lot.
Melissa & Doug Stamp-a-Scene Wooden Stamp Set
|Dimensions||11 x 11 x 2 inches|
|Item weight||1.1 pounds|
|Recommended age||4 – 10 years|
- Kids can’t run out of stamps because they can use ink pads
- Can be used as an accessory to other sets
- Can be organized to any form
- Stamps sometime aren’t prominent after being put in the paper
Always make creative art set, no wonder why kids love Melissa & Doug’s product that much. Melissa & Doug Fairy Garden Stamp set is not an exception.
It comes in 20 stamps, 5 colored pencils, a durable 2-color stamp pad, and a wooden storage tray. This art set encourages hand-eye coordination as well as narrative thinking. Furthermore, stamps are made of wood so you don’t have to think about its durability.
Let’s talk about the reason I favor this art set. It is the pretty design of stamps and I guess kids also love to interact with stamps.
Spirograph Design Tin Set
|Dimensions||8.5 x 7 x 1 inches|
|Item weight||10.6 ounces|
|Recommended age||3 years and up|
- It’s in top-rated art set
- Encourage kids’ creation
- Kids can draw spirals on other drawing using this kit
- This set is a little bit small
Spirograph Design Tin Set is the next item in unique and creative art sets list. Based on drawing spirals, this art set can draw many amazing shapes by spirals.
The kit contains 19 different dears that can mix and match to create unique patterns. People usually think that art is just something you draw about daily life or something we can see it every day, especially is art for kids.
But I would say that art is something you can feel it’s beautiful. Yes, that’s it. And who can deny wonderful spirals which can be used to draw flowers, tornadoes, hurricanes,… Particularly for those who are into symmetric shape.
Klutz Sew Mini Animals Sewing & Craft Kit
|Dimensions||8 x 2 x 9 inches|
|Item weight||15.5 ounces|
|Recommended age||8 years and up|
- Kids can join to play together
- Come with easy and full instructions
- Parents should be a supervisor
Maybe you forgot but sewing is also a field of art. With Sewing & Craft Kit from Klutz, your child will unleash their love for sewing.
This kit includes a 48-page book of detailed instructions and inspiration, 3-page of paper patterns, 12 sheets of feeling, 8 colors of embroidery floss, 15 sets of pre-cut felt eyes and cheeks, 2 embroidery needles and finally a bag of polyfill stuffing. By providing whole instructions and inspiration books as well as many parts, kids don’t have to afraid of running out of supplies.
However, if you choose Klutz Sew Mini Animals Sewing & Craft Kit then you better pay attention to the kids because sewing is quite dangerous for them after all.
Art Sets for Kids Buyer Guide: What To Consider When Buying?
Like buying anything else for kids, we also pay attention to some certain factors as below:
- Safety: This should be a priority when buying anything, especially for kids. With the art set, parents can check some information like whether the materials, the size and shape of the art set’s part such as crayons, brushes, palettes,… are safe for kids or not. Because sometimes the materials contain unsafe additives.
- The level of art set tends to: Every kid starts the drawing with different experiences and knowledge so we could say that kids are not the same level. Therefore, choosing the right level of art set is very important to let kids’ ability to draw better and better. If your kid has just begun drawing then you should buy them an art set for amatuer with limit quantity of components, weight as well as the quality.
- Price: Is there anyone buy some stuff without a look at the price tag? Well, maybe that’s not me. There are many art sets on the market with many price ranges as well. Usually, art sets for amateurs are quite cheap and of course kits for professional purposes are much more expensive. But you can get a good deal because there are also some art sets almost for high requirements but the cost is more reasonable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a 3-years old kid play art set?
Of course yes, but with art sets for 3-years old only which contain large parts. Because if not so, kids easily get choking and it very dangerous. All toys and stuff for kids are all printed the information about the recommended age.
Kids aren’t getting into the art set. What let them interested in it?
Almost kids are bored at the beginning but if they get some cheer from parents, they would have motivation for drawing.
Are there different drawing stages kids have to go through?
Yes, there are for the main stage of drawing kids should go through properly. Firstly, kids from 15 months old to 21/2 years old are usually scribbling randomly. The next stage is from the second year to the third year. In this stage, kids are almost control scribbling. The third stage start when kids are 21/2 years old to 31/2 years old, kids in this time learn about lines and patterns. The final stage begins from the third year to 5th year when kids have a good vision and awareness about all things around them.
Should parents let kids copy all the time?
Not. They need to find anything by themselves, not just drawing. But for the first time kids should copy some pictures to get basic shapes.
- Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 3-Year-Old Boys 2020
- Top 15 Best Diaper Pails Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Probiotics for Your Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Strollers for Tall Parents Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Toys And Gift Ideas for 6-Year-Old Girls 2020
- Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for 4-year-old Boys in 2020
- Top 15 Best Baby Thermometers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Diaper Bags Reviews 2020