Top 10 Best Baby Swings that soothes your baby and provides you time off. Quick Buying guide for a thorough selection of the best baby swings for the price, quality, and small spaces. Click to find out more.
Our babies want the best warmth, melody, and cuddle in our arms, especially when they want to fall into sleep. Let’s face it, you would also want time off from carrying and swinging your babies in your arms. For this purpose, you need to have the best baby swings in the market.
Oftentimes, these comfortable and affordable baby swings are your lifesavers when you want to rest for a while from swinging your infant in your arms. Likewise, to save you some time from market research, I came up with the top 10 best baby swings 2020.
I also included a quick buying guide which shows the important features you need to look for to secure a high-quality baby swing. Stay tuned and read the entire article to have a good grip on it.
What Are The Best Baby Swings?
- Best for Overall: Fisher-Price Sweet Dreams Baby Swing
- Best for Modern Features: 4mom High-Tech Baby Swing
- Most Reviewed: Graco Simple Baby Swing
- Best for Dual Motion: Fisher-Price Sungabunny Baby Swing
- Best for Auto Rocking Motion: WBPINE Auto-Rocker Baby Swing
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Glider-Swing
- Graco Affinia LX Glider
- Best for Small Spaces: Bright Stars Portable Baby Swing
- Bright Stars Quiet Baby Swing
- Best for Budget: Ingenuity Cozy Baby Swing
Top 10 Best Baby Swings Reviews 2020
There are hundreds of brands of modern baby swings and gliders in the market. It will take more than a day for you to have an in-depth analysis of the best products. To make things lighter on your part, I have done the market research on your behalf.
I have made a matrix and in-depth product review for the top 10 best baby swings in the market. Hopefully, this would be helpful on your part in finding the best swing for your babies.
Best for Overall: Fisher-Price Sweet Dreams Baby Swing
|Item weight||24.9 lbs|
|Dimension||35 x 44 x 37 inches|
|Power source||Plugin or battery|
- Comfortable plush seat paddings and cushion
- Soothing music and nature sound
- Good swinging function and stable frame structure
- Safe harness and head support
- Easy to clean and wash
- Simple to use and cozy for your baby
- Nothing to gripe so far
This baby swing from Fisher-Price is the top pick for overall quality and features. Its price is highly reasonable and pretty simple to operate. Its overall cushion and seat pads are very cozy and comfortable for your infant.
You can do two swinging motions – side by side or back and forth motion. When your infant is four months and younger, it as two reclining positions with a push of a button to promote comfort while avoiding suffocation. Its swinging motion can be adjusted up to 6-speed levels for customization.
When your baby is having a difficult time to fall asleep, this swing has 16 built-in mp3 music and nature sounds that will help them fall to sleep. Its seat paddings can be easily machine or hand-washed to keep it sanitized.
It also has an overhead toy that slowly rotates to serve as the child’s entertainment when you are doing some chores. It has comfortable and stable head support and harness. You also have the option of plugging it into the wall or use its batteries for the swinging and music function.
Best for Modern Features: 4mom High-Tech Baby Swing
|Item weight||16.4 lbs|
|Dimension||33 x 19.5 x 25.5 inches|
- Speed and music control can be remotely done via Bluetooth
- Good reclining positions
- Comfortable and easy to wash fabric and seat pads
- Sturdy design and material
- Comfortable fabrics
- Can be remotely controlled for music and speed settings
This baby swing from 4mom is best for its modern and high-tech features. Price is highly reasonable when compared to its quality and features. Aside from that, its plush seat pads and cushion is comfortable for babies. It provides excellent warmth.
It has five swing speed levels for you to quickly adjust depending on the need of your infant. You can sync your mobile phones via Bluetooth with this baby swing to control the speed of its swinging motion and the songs being played. For the music, you can shuffle and pick the songs. You can also increase or decrease the volume.
Currently, it has four songs incorporated in its system but you can readily do an MP3 plug-in for other songs. It also has creative and reversible toy balls to promote educational development for your infant.
No need to buy batteries for this swing, because you just have to plug it into your wall socket.
See More: Best Baby Activity Centers 2020
Most Reviewed: Graco Simple Baby Swing
|Item weight||17.2 lbs|
|Dimension||30 x 31 x 38 inches|
|Power source||Batteries or plugin|
- Compact design and sturdy frame
- Comfortable fabric and seat pads
- Excellent swinging action, soothing music, and harness
- Effective safety features
- Comfortable fabric and seat paddings
- A durable and compact frame structure
- Adjustable speed settings and soothing sounds
- Limited reclining position
This baby swing from Graco is simple and standard with beautiful fabrics and stable design. Among the top 10 baby swings, this model got the highest customer reviews because of its simple functionality and reasonable price. Moreover, its compact design enables it to fit in any size of the room.
It swings side-to-side where you can adjust its speed up to 6 levels. It has a built-in 10 music and 5 nature sounds that completely help your baby fall asleep. To power its swing action and music, you can either use its batteries or plug it into the socket.
For safety purposes, while adjusting its reclining position, it has a 5-point harness strap. It comfortably secures the baby’s body in place even in the most reclined position.
The seat pads and cushion of this baby swing can be readily washed and provides great warmth day and night. Head support works well as expected like its harness straps. According to this study, poor head support causes injuries.
Best for Dual Motion: Fisher-Price Sungabunny Baby Swing
|Item weight||24.9 lbs|
|Dimension||14.6 x 12.6 x 30.2 inches|
|Power source||Plugin & rechargeable batteries|
- Excellent dual motion swinging
- 16 built-in songs to help your baby fall asleep
- Dependable frame and base structure
- Smooth and comfortable swinging motion with adjustable speed
- Safe and comfortable fabric
- Calming music and overhead toy
- All features and quality worth for the price
When you are looking for the best baby swing with dual motion, this one from Fisher-Price is a perfect choice. It provides hassle-free and smooth back-and-forth, side-to-side swinging motion. Likewise, the material and design of its frame support are highly ideal and durable for this purpose.
To help put your baby to sleep, it has 16 songs which help calm their senses so they can gradually go to sleep. Its swinging speed can be fully adjusted up to six levels. It also has the snug bunny head support which is highly comfortable for their heads.
When you will be doing some house chores, you can place your baby inside and strap on the harness. Then, you can turn on the rotating overhead toy of this swing. It will entertain your baby so you can focus on finishing your chores.
Its fabrics and seat pads are also easy to clean and wash. You can do either hand or machine wash for it.
Best for Auto Rocking Motion: WBPINE Auto-Rocker Baby Swing
|Item weight||8.7 lbs|
|Dimension||27.6 x 20.5 x 33.5 inches|
|Power source||Plugin, AA batteries, USB/4|
- Timer function for its auto rocking motion
- Plush seat pads, head support, and a 5-point harness
- Built-in songs to help your baby relax and sleep
- Good for relaxing and sleeping
- Excellent base structure and harness system
- Comfortable and safe plush seat pads and fabric
- All features worth for the price
Of all the modern baby swings with auto rocking features, this one from WBPINE is the best. It will rock your baby in a way like a mother does, smooth and slow to help them fall asleep. For versatility, it has 3 swing motions and three timer options. No need to turn it off, just program its timer function and it is good to go.
To complement its rocking motion, you will find six calming songs that will help your infant fall asleep. The timer function is in 15/30/45 minutes. Despite the rocking motion, you are at peace because it has a 5-point harness and head support to keep your infant safe and secure.
The cushion and seat paddings of this swing are very comfortable and breathable for the sensitive body of your babies. Its frame and base support is sturdy and stable. There are also hanging toys that will entertain your infant when he or she is not sleeping and you will be doing other tasks.
Lastly, you have three ways of supplying power for this baby swing – plugin, AA batteries, and USB/4 port.
See More: Best Doll Strollers 2020
Fisher-Price Deluxe Glider-Swing
|Item weight||19 lbs|
|Dimension||31.5 x 28.2 x 23.9 inches|
|Power source||Plug into socket|
- Smooth conversion from glider to rocker
- Soothing features and swinging motion
- Comfortable plush body and seat pads
- Effective 2-in-1 function
- Reasonable price and good construction
- Comfortable and easy to wash fabric and cushion
- None so far
This baby swing provides the best 2-in-1 function and conversion as a glider and rocker. It provides a smooth and tool-less conversion from being a glider to a rocker. For its glider function, it allows you to move from side-to-side. For its rocker function, it can move back-and-forth.
It has a very comfortable seat paddings and body cushion that provides excellent warmth for your babies. You can readily wash it using hands or machine. It has a built-in motor for creating a gradual vibration to help your baby fall asleep which you can control with a push-button.
There are around 16 songs and 3 nature background music that helps your infant get that relaxing feeling. You can also adjust its reclining position to avoid any suffocation of your baby.
This rocking and gliding motion and music of this baby swing is powered by AC by plugging it into a socket.
Graco Affinia LX Glider
|Item weight||17.9 lbs|
|Dimension||28 x 24.5 x 36 inches|
|Power source||Batteries & AC plug-in|
- Comfortable cove for your baby to stay and sleep
- Smooth gliding motion with 6-speed settings
- Soothing songs which help your infant get relaxed and sleep early
- Reasonable price and easy to clean fabrics
- Ergonomic design with a strong framework
- Comfortable and safe baby swing with a gliding motion
- All works as expected
This glider baby swing is highly efficient and comfortable for helping your baby get a beautiful sleep. You have the option of using batteries or by plugging it into your socket.
Its compact and ergonomic design enables you to save so much space inside your home. The speed of its gliding motion can be adjusted to 6 settings. You also have 10 songs and 5 nature background music to help calm the senses of your infant.
It also has a timer function so you can limit the gliding motion of this swing. It also has a toy bar to entertain your infant while you are doing other tasks. There is total peace of mind with this baby swing because of its 5-point harness which keeps the body of your baby in place.
You can also adjust the reclining position of this baby swing so that your baby can breathe well and less stress with their head.
See More: Best Luxury Strollers 2020
Best for Small Spaces: Bright Stars Portable Baby Swing
|Item weight||4.08 lbs|
|Dimension||28.5 x 22.5 x 23 inches|
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy to fold and store
- Smooth gliding action
- Reasonable price for a durable and compact baby swing
- Comfortable and easy to wash the plush body and seat pads
- Nice songs and play bar
- Battery-operated, no AC plug-in power source option
If you have a small space in your home or bedroom, this baby swing from Bright Stars is your best bet. The compact and ergonomic design of this baby swing can fit well on your narrow space.
You can easily fold this by using one-hand and lightweight to carry around. When your baby wants to view the surroundings, this swing has 2-level adjustments for its reclining position.
There will be no trouble putting your baby to sleep when you are tired of carrying him or her around. This baby swing can be your best lifesaver. It has 6 songs that will soothe and calm your baby, so sleeping is easier.
The entertaining toy bar can be adjusted so that it can be within your baby’s reach. It serves to entertain your infant when you will be doing some household chores.
Bright Stars Quiet Baby Swing
|Item weight||8.47 lbs|
|Dimension||28.5 x 22.5 x 22.5 inches|
|Power source||Rechargeable batteries|
- Reliable harness and easy to fold
- Great music for relaxing your baby
- Excellent framework
- Affordable price
- Simple and durable baby swing
- Safe materials and ergonomic design
- None so far
This colorfully designed baby swing from Bright Stars is a great lifesaver for parents. It is easy to fold and store inside your house and vehicle. The overall frame and structure of this swing are sturdy and reliable.
You can adjust the speed of this baby swing into six levels. Speed adjustment is simple and smooth. When your infant is having a difficult time to get sleepy, you can play the calming sounds built into this swing.
It has a quiet operation, so no worries about waking your baby up. It also has a 5-point harness system which prevents your baby from falling out from the cove.
The toys can be adjusted and removed in case your baby wants to play with it. Moreover, the cushion and seat pads of this baby swing are comfortable and easy to wash.
See More: Best Baby Humidifiers 2020
Best for Budget: Ingenuity Cozy Baby Swing
|Item weight||7.01 lbs|
|Dimension||20.1 x 6 x 21.2 inches|
- Safe, washable, and comfortable fabric
- Easy to fold
- Adjustable speed and relaxing songs
- Best for budget
- Standard features of a good baby swing are present
- Washable and comfortable seat pads, head cushion, and fabric
- All worth the price
When you are on a slim budget, this baby swing from Ingenuity is the smart choice. It has all the standard features of a good baby swing such as speed adjustments, reclining position, hanging toys, sturdy base, and comfortable cushion and seat pads.
You can have two reclining positions for this model and it has a harness system that keeps your baby in place. It also has relaxing melodies you can play so that your infant can readily go to sleep. This is operated using a rechargeable battery.
It is easy to fold and store, thus, a complete space-saving baby swing. Likewise, you can readily wash its seat pads and body cushion. Its head support can be readily detached as well.
Baby Swing Benefits
There are several health benefits from choosing a good quality and comfortable baby swing. Oftentimes, some of the excellent quality are priced higher so you need to High things carefully.
A huge population of parents is more than willing to pay the price for the best quality for the Welfare of their babies. Check out these benefits:
- It provides time off for mommies while enabling you to deliver a slow rocking motion to put her to sleep.
- It is proven to provide good relief for colics
- Provides a safe and comfortable place for your child to take naps
- Provides a hassle-free way for parents to place their infant in a safe and comfortable cove while they do other household chores and work
Baby Swing Buyer Guide: What to Consider When Buying?
There are hundreds of baby swing brands out there and your choosing experience might be difficult. To make your shopping experience smoother, you need to learn the important features of a good quality baby swing.
The thickness of the seat pads must not be too thin or else it will be uncomfortable for your babies. To prevent SIDS, the pads must not be too soft as Ill. Likewise, it must be spacious for your baby to freely move around.
The fabric cover of the seat pads must provide enough warmth and comfort for your child. Likewise, it must be waterproof so that no stains or urine can penetrate through the seat pads. This also means the cover must be easy to wash.
Adjustable Reclining Position
The seats of your baby swing must have an adjustable reclining position so your baby won’t stress their head from staying up. As your baby grows older, they feel more comfortable when sitting upright, hence, with a reclining seat, you can easily place it in an upright position.
Your baby swing must be able to do a variable speed of swinging action that matches the needs of your infant. Mostly, babies love a slow rocking motion, thus, your swing must be able to do this mode.
In terms of swinging direction, most baby swings feature the back-and-forth swinging motion. Nevertheless, some modern brands feature a side-by-side rocking motion.
Some modern models have an automatic swinging motion with a timer function. This feature strikes convenience for parents to set the speed of swinging and how long will it last.
The base of the Swing
The base of the swing is the one directly holding the weight of your baby. It must be sturdy and stable enough to sustain the Light of your baby. To do that, the base must have a wider surface area so that weight is evenly distributed.
Your baby swing must have a strong and durable frame structure that can remain stable even with the rocking motion. Most frames of swings are made from durable hard plastics which are spread widely to evenly distribute weight and stay in great balance despite the swinging movement.
Your baby’s swing can move your infant’s body randomly inside the cove. To prevent any accidents of your baby falling out from their swing, it must have a 3- or 5-point harness system. I recommend the 5-point harness system as it is more secure and stable while still providing comfort for your child.
When you are traveling or going out of the house, you will be bringing your baby swing with you. For ease of travel and storage, the baby swing must be easy to fold and can be done with one hand if possible.
Likewise, its folded form must not take so much storage space when placed inside your vehicle. This feature promotes portability and space-saving benefits.
Your baby won’t always be sleeping inside their swing, so it must have additional features which help to entertain them. These features include hanging toys, music, and color designs underneath their canopy. While you are doing your chores or work, these add-ons will entertain your baby so you can focus more on your tasks.
Baby Swings Safety Tips
No matter how sturdy and popular that brand of the baby swing is, you need to know the safety of keeping your infant safe inside it. See what Consumer Reports says about baby swings safety.
- Choose the most reclined setting when your baby is 4 months and younger to avoid any suffocation
- Safety harness must be present if the seat can be reclined more than 50-degrees
- The swing’s base and frame must be sturdy enough to avoid tip-overs or accidentally folding
- Entertainment add-on on the swing must not be easily pulled out by your infant
- The bottom surface of the swing must remain flat and durable even when the infant is inside
Frequently Asked Questions
Do baby swings promote health benefits for babies?
Baby swings are good for your infants based on the findings of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Alongside, they highlighted some important notes:
- Use the greatest reclining position for babies 4 months and younger
- For 50-degrees reclining angle, use the shoulder strap and harness to prevent the baby from leaning forward
- Check the weight capacity of your baby swing before placing your infant inside
- Check the base structure if it is sturdy enough to hold the baby’s Light with the swinging motion
What are the typical weight and height limits of baby swings?
The typical weight and height limits of baby swings are 25 to 30 pounds and 25″ to 28″, respectively. For every brand, they have mentioned in their product specifications for the developmental limits of the child it can accommodate.
Our Top Pick
My top pick for the best baby swing is Fisher-Price SIet Dreams Baby Swing. In terms of price and quality, it is unbeatable. The frame and structure itself are highly dependable and strong. The rotating overhead toys are very beautiful and entertain the baby.
The buttons used for speed adjustments and playing music are durable. The songs calm the baby so they can sleep faster. The head cushion and seat pads are comfortable and washable.
Meanwhile, its 5-point harness strap is amazingly safe and cozy for the baby. To save on batteries, you can readily plug this model into your AC socket. Based on this, I can say that it is worth your time and money for the comfort and safety of your baby.
- Top 15 Best Triple Strollers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Play Tents for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Spy Gear Toys for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Cheap Baby Toys Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Travel Strollers Reviews 2020
- Best Toys and Gifts for 5-Year-Old Girls in 2020
- Top 15 Best Bottle Warmers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Art Sets for Kids Reviews 2020