Know the top 10 Best Breast Pump 2020 that is best for you. We have both electric and manual types for your choosing. Buying Guide included as well to help you carefully handpick the best one in the market.
Breast pumps come very usefully for nursing mommies, particularly in the early stages of their babies. There are plenty of benefits for using a breast pump, but the main advantage is increasing the supply of mother’s milk. You will use this tool after you have breastfed your baby so that milk supply is continuously increasing.
The next step is finding the best breast pump that meets your preference and budget. However, with hundreds of brands in the market, it will be a tiring task on your part. We want to ease your burden, thus, we made the market research for you.
Here are the top 10 best breast pump in 2020. Check out the different brands and types in our list and see which one best fits your needs. We also included a quick buying guide for reference.
What Are The Best Breast Pumps?
- Best for Overall: Medela Sonata Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Best Runner Up: Spectra Baby USA S2 Electric Dual/Single Breast Pump
- Best Pump for Efficiency: IKARE Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Best for 8 Suction Levels: Lansinoh Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Best for Adjustable Suction: Bimirth Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Elebebe Portable Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Piaek Electric Dual Breast Pump
- Best for Easy to Use: Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump
- Bumblebee Manual Breast Pump
- Best Manual Pump for the Budget: Haakaa Silicone Manual Breast Pump
Top 10 Best Breast Pumps Reviews 2020
Save yourself from the hassle for we have done the market research for you. Here are the top 10 best breast pumps in 2020. There are electric and manual pumps included in the list. Hope you find the best one for your need.
Best for Overall: Medela Sonata Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||16.5 x 9 x 10.4 inches|
|Phase and suction||2 phase, adjustable suction levels|
- 2-phase Expression technology for more efficient milk extraction
- Safe and comfortable both for babies and moms
- Durable and modern features
- Compact design
- Durable and safe components
- Easy to use and efficient milk extraction
- None so far
This dual electric breast pump from Medela hits all the criteria is the top pick for 2020. It satisfactorily hits convenience, portability, efficiency, and comfort for nursing mothers.
It has a 2 phase Expression technology that ensures a sufficient volume of milk is pumped out from the breast without letting you feel any pain. It operates at very low noise. Materials are safe and non-toxic for babies, that is, free from phthalate and BPA.
Further, it has a Medela app where you can monitor your milk production. You can also choose the suction levels of milk extraction. Overall, it is a great pump for a reasonable price.
Best Runner Up: Spectra Baby USA S2 Electric Dual/Single Breast Pump
|Dimension||7.9 x 7.9 x 6.7 inches|
|Phase and suction||2 phase, adjustable suction levels|
|Power source||AC outlet|
- 2-phase system for better milk extraction
- Adjustable suction levels and quiet operation
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to use and clean
- Excellent painless suction strength
- Safe materials and parts
- Compact design and adjustable suction pressure
- All worth the price
This electric breast pump from Spectra is the second-best product when it comes to efficiency, adjustability, and comfort. It can function both as a dual or single pump where moms can readily adjust the suction levels.
It has a good pumping system that prevents backflow and air to flow inside which can spoil the milk. This also entails lower cleaning requirements. It is also non-toxic to babies because it is free from BPA and DEHP.
Its compact design and lightweight enables it to be highly portable and easy to store. Price is very reasonable as well for its excellent quality.
See More: Best Baby Thermometers 2020
Best Pump for Efficiency: IKARE Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||9.8 x 8.5 x 7 inches|
|Phase and suction||4 phase, 6-20 levels|
|Power source||Rechargeable battery|
- Long-lasting and Rechargeable battery
- Efficient and comfortable suction system
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Highly efficient milk pumps
- Quiet operation and easy to use
- Compact design and long battery life
- No complaints so far
This electric breast pump is best for its 4-phase and 6 to 20 suction levels which provide an effective milk extraction process for nursing moms. It is very portable because of its compact shape and lightweight feature.
It has plenty of modern features as well such as backlit, touchscreen display and adjustments, and low-noise operation. Aside from its pain-free suction, it has breast shields which flexibly fit any breast shape.
It is powered by a rechargeable battery where it can provide continuous power supply for 2 hours. Likewise, this package includes a carry bag where you can store your milk bottles, pumps, and the electric breast pump.
Best for 8 Suction Levels: Lansinoh Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||6 x 5 x 4 inches|
|Phase and suction||3 phase, 8 suction levels|
|Power source||6 AA rechargeable batteries|
- LCD digital screen display
- Easy to adjust suction levels
- Non-toxic materials and easy to use
- Comfortable flanges
- Compact and modern features
- Strong and painless suction system
- Smooth adjustment and easy to read LCD
- None to gripe so far
This electric breast pump has an excellent 8 suction level for better milk production. It has 3 phase which highly stimulates lactation for nursing moms without giving any painful experience. Materials and parts are durable, easy to find for replacement, and non-toxic.
It has an LCD backlit display where you can easily see the suction levels, time, and battery life. The bottles and tubings are easy to clean, sterilize, and maintain. It effectively functions as a dual or single breast pump.
This device allows working moms to feed their babies despite their hectic working schedule. Flanges are fit and comfortable for milk suction.
See More: Best Baby Humidifiers 2020
Best for Adjustable Suction: Bimirth Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||11.1 x 7.5 x 3.6 inches|
|Phase and suction||3 phase, 6 levels|
- Accurate and smooth suction adjustments
- Durable and compact design and construction
- Easy to use, clean, and maintain
- Compact and durable design
- The strong hospital-grade milk extraction process
- The comfortable and pain-free milk extraction process
- None to gripe so far
This electric breast pump offers two-speed settings (slow and fast). It has 1 to 3 phase with 4 to 6 levels for better suction efficiency. Its electronic features allow you to easily adjust suction pressure to suit your preference.
Silicone tubings are safe and easy to clean. The overall extraction process prevents backflow. Buttons are durable and adjustment is accurate. This electric pump provides a hospital-grade milk extraction process.
It is a good investment for moms to have this breast pump. No more worries about a shortage of breast milk supply.
Elebebe Portable Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||9.1 x 7.1 x 6.8 inches|
|Phase and suction||2 phase, 9 suction levels|
|Power source||A USB port and wire connection|
- 2 phase and 9 suction settings for versatility
- LCD screen display to show time and battery life
- Lightweight and strong suction pressure
- Easy to operate and clean
- Excellent pressure adjustment and LCD backlit display screen
- The quiet and efficient milk extraction process
- All are working as expected
This electric breast pump has strong suction pressure (80-300 mmHg) with flanges flexible to fit any breast shape. It operates quietly and bottles and tubings are free from BPA.
Its massage and pumping modes are highly stimulative for nursing mommies. The massage phase helps breasts to relax and produce more milk before pumping. Its electronic digital buttons allow you to readily adjust suction pressure.
You can readily view battery life and time in its digital LCD screen display. In terms of portability, no problem with this model because it is lightweight and design is very compact.
See More: Best Baby Food Makers 2020
Piaek Electric Dual Breast Pump
|Dimension||10 x 7.9 x 4 inches|
|Phase and suction||3 phase, 9 suction settings|
- 3 phase, 9 suction settings
- USB port fast charge system
- Compact and lightweight design
- Non-toxic tubings, pumps, and bottles
- Easy to assemble, operate, and clean
- Reasonable price and travel-ready pump
- Light, simple, and strong suction
- Works as expected, great pump for portability
This breast pump features a gradual 3-phase cycle for milk extraction. First, it gently massages the breast to stimulate milk production before finally pumping it out and delivered to the bottle. You can readily adjust suction pressure from 1 to 9 levels.
The tubes and bottles are easy to assemble and operate. You can also quickly clean it without any hassle. It is highly portable and travel-ready. You can quickly charge it using a USB port connection. Full charging time takes around 1.5 hours while providing a battery life that is 3 to 4 times longer.
Overall, it is a compact and durable dual electric breast pump to have for busy moms.
Best for Easy to Use: Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump
|Dimension||3.5 x 7.7 x 8.9 inches|
|Phase and suction||None|
- Safe and free from BPA
- Simple and effective single manual breast pump
- Lightweight, compact, and strong suction pressure
- Easy to clean and sterilize
- Affordable price and strong suction process
- Safe and comfortable to use
- Easy to sterilize
- Nothing to complain works as expected
This manual breast pump from Philips Avent is best for its easy operability features. It is offered at an affordable price compared to electric counterparts. Its silicon pumps are fit but provide soft and comfortable massage for more milk production.
You can greatly save space with this model because of its compact and lightweight features. After using this pump, it requires low cleaning level. This package includes one milk bottle.
Highly convenient and straightforward to use for milk extraction process.
See More: Best Diaper Pails 2020
Bumblebee Manual Breast Pump
|Dimension||3.3 x 3.3 x 5.8 inches|
|Phase and suction||None|
- Comfortable and efficient silicon pump
- Good milk production capacity
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed for stimulating milk production
- Highly portable and lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Sufficient suction pressure
- BPA and phthalate-free – safe to use
- Works as expected, good price
This manual breast pump provides an affordable solution for your milk supply. The silicon pump and bottle is free from BPA and phthalate which is safe to use. The silicon pump fits snugly to the breast but does not provide any discomfort throughout the pumping session.
It is lightweight and compact, hence, very portable to have when traveling around. It can approximately pump out around 90ml of milk. This is your cost-efficient solution for securing breast milk supply for your infant.
Best Manual Pump for the Budget: Haakaa Silicone Manual Breast Pump
|Dimension||6 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Phase and suction||None|
- Comfortable and strong silicone breast pump
- Easy to clean and rinse with water
- Effective suction pressure
- Portable and lightweight
- Very affordable price
- Hassle-free pumping
- Strong suction pressure
- Worth the price you pay works for the purpose
Among the top 10 best breast pumps, this one offers the most affordable price without providing cheap quality. The silicon pump is free from BPA and phthalate contents, thus, safe for babies. It firmly fits right into the breast and stimulates milk production through its massage-like structure.
The materials and silicone parts are easy to wash and rinse for sanitation. It is very portable because it is lightweight and compact. With these features, it is travel-ready and no more hassle with charging or looking for extra batteries.
This is the best budget-friendly manual breast pump for you to have when you are on a slim budget.
See More: Best Cheap Baby Toys 2020
Breast Pump Buyer Guide: What to Consider When Buying?
Do you know what to look for a good breast pump? If not, here are the important features you need to look for a good quality breast pump.
Safe and Non-Toxic Material
You need to read the label if the breast pump is free from phthalate and BPA contents. This ensures no toxic substances are dissolved in the milk as it is being pumped out from the mother.
Milk Extraction Process
These breast pumps must be comfortable and pain-free for nursing mums. Most of these brands have three to four stages of the milk extraction process. It must have very similar actions of a real baby getting milk from their mother’s breast.
Further, it is also great if it offers a function that allows you to adjust the suction strength of your breast pump.
Easy to Clean and Setup
For added convenience, we also recommend that you choose a breast pump that is easy to clean and rinse with water. At all times, it must be sanitized or disinfected to make sure it is clean and fresh milk for your infant.
Further, the model must be friendly to use and assemble. Mother’s do not have sufficient time to learn very complicated mechanisms, thus, it must be simple to operate.
Easy to Carry Around
There will be instances when you will be going out of the house together with your baby, so it is best if your breast pump is lightweight and compact. This makes your product space-saving and hassle-free to bring wherever you go.
Extraction Pumps – Single or Dual
Your choice of whether having a single or dual pump depends on your situation. If you have twin babies, we recommend the dual pump. Meanwhile, single pumps are best for regular usage but if you have a tight schedule, then go for the dual pumps to extract more milk efficiently.
Manual or Automatic Suction Mechanism
Most automatic breast pumps cost more compared to manual counterparts. Automatic models are more convenient and efficient to use but the final decision still rests upon you.
In contrast, manual pumps are still great because you can adjust pumping strength and it is more affordable.
Compatible with Different Bottles
We also recommend that you check if the breast pump has an adapter that allows it to readily connect with any bottle designs. This added feature is convenient when you have chosen a good milk bottle for your baby.
Parts are Easy To Replace
The parts of your breast pump can naturally degrade through time until you need to replace it. Check the availability of the parts of your breast pump so you won’t have a difficult time looking for one.
Breast Pump Benefits
For every mom, they have different reasons for buying a breast pump. Here are some of the common reasons or benefits of why moms buy the best breast pump:
- Securing milk supply for your baby when you are working outside the house.
- Your nanny can use the milk supply to bottle-fed your baby when you are not in the house.
- A constant supply of breast milk which you can use to bottle-feed your baby in the middle of the night.
- Best for moms with low milk supply
Currently, some health insurance will take care of the cost of buying a breast pump for mommies. It is best if you check your insurance company for verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
To know better and for added knowledge, here are some of the common questions frequently asked by customers.
What is the maximum duration of manually extracting milk from mothers?
You can start using the breast pump 6 hours after the birth of your infant. For added milk stimulation, you can use a dual breast pump for 10 to 15 minutes. If milk starts to come out, you can singly pump for 30 minutes.
What are the accessories needed for breast milk extraction?
To make your milk pumping session convenient and efficient, you can secure the following accessories:
- Bra for milk pumping
- Bag for breast pumping
- Twist feeding accessory – allows you to pump the milk into a storage bag where you can directly freeze when it is full
- Replacement parts such as extra pump
- Portable sink – it is a portable drying area for your pump parts when you are traveling
- Power bank to drive your electric breast pump
- Dry/wet bag for storing parts of your breast pump
- Thermal bag for storing and maintaining the temperature of your milk bottle
When do you use a hospital-grade breast pump?
You need to use this kind of breast pump when your infant is not nursing. This allows pumping both breasts at the same time to efficiently extract more milk.
What is the minimum milk volume to extract if your infant is not nursing?
For a single baby, the minimum milk volume you need to pump out is 750ml to 800ml every day, good for 7 to 10 days postpartum. Meanwhile, if you have twins, you need to pump 800ml to 950ml of milk per day good for 14 days.
How frequently do you need to pump milk from your breast?
Most medical people would recommend 8 to 10 times a pumping session per day. This is done until milk production is established for nursing mums.
What are the different types of breast pumps?
In the industry, there are three major types of breast pumps for you to choose from.
Manual breast pumps
This type is the most affordable and functional breast pump for nursing mothers. You can readily adjust the strength of its pumping depending on how hard you squeeze its lever handle.
It operates quietly and smoothly. Likewise, it has a compact design and lightweight for excellent portability features.
Electric Breast Pumps
When you want to get rid of manual operation, this is the best choice. It can be operated using batteries or plug directly into the wall. There are different models of electric breast pumps, but the main option is a single or dual pump.
It may cost higher compared to manual types but there is more convenient because you can readily choose the speed and strength of its milk extraction process. Greater time saving and milk production factor.
Hospital-grade Breast Pumps
Among all types, this is one is the most efficient but costs more compared to electric breast pumps. They can extract more milk and are geared for multiple users. Because of its hefty price, most of these types are available for rental.
Closed and Open Pump Systems – What is the difference?
Open systems are typical for single pumps and still functional. Closed pump mechanisms are ideal for dual breast pumps. There is a filter between the milk bottle and the pump motor. This is done to avoid dust and debris from the motor to go inside the milk container.
Tips for Breast Pumping
It may look easy but learning how to efficiently use breast pumps can take enough patience and insights. Nevertheless, here are a few tips for you to try to have an excellent breast milk extraction process:
- Be patient to establish milk production with your baby for the first four weeks after birth. Breast pumps become useful when you will be frequently out of the house for work.
- Breastfeed pumps becomes useful when your baby is premature or not capable of sucking directly from the breast
- Typically, the first pumping session lasts for 15 minutes. Do not worry if not much milk is extracted. You can do a second pumping session.
- Ensure to have a healthy routine before and after breast pumping. You need to wash your hands and the parts of the device before and after the session.
- Make sure you are in a comfortable position when you will be doing your breast pumping session.
Our Top Pick
The top pick for this review is the Medela Sonata Electric Dual Breast Pump. It has excellent digital features that make milk extraction highly efficient and painless. Design is compact and lightweight, good for portability and when traveling.
It has 2 phase milk extraction mechanism which helps massage the breast to produce more milk. All parts are highly replaceable and easy to clean. Silicone tubings and bottles are free from BPA and phthalate, thus, safe for use.
For a reasonable price, you will enjoy the convenience of this breast pump.
- Top 15 Best Double Jogging Strollers Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Spy Gear Toys for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Toys and Gift Ideas for an 11-Year-Old Boys
- Top 15 Best Gardening Tools for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Erector Sets Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Electric Cars for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 9 Best Rectangular Trampolines Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Baby Swings Reviews 2020