See the Top 10 Best Race Car Track Toys 2020. Read our in-depth reviews and comparison chart. We have a simple buying guide for you the important features you need to look for. Amazing toys for creativity.
Racecar track toys are one of the timeless recreational objects played by children which spikes creativity and friendship. Even the widespread of gadgets and mobile phones, these toys continue to touch the heart and fun-time of many children.
Aside from having fun, kids learn how the concept of speed and driving by playing these race car track toys. Is it easy to find the best model for this toy? With plenty of options and important features, choosing the best race car track toys won’t be that straightforward.
To make it easy on your part, I have done the market research for you. Here are the top 10 Best Race Car Track Toys 2020. Likewise, I included a comparison chart and an in-depth product review for each item.
Continue reading until the last section of this article to learn more.
- Best Doctor Kit Toys for Kids 2020
- Best Wooden Toy Cars 2020
- Best Flying Toys for Kids 2020
- Best Remote Control Cars for Kids 2020
What Are The Best Race Car Track Toys?
- Best for Overall: Carrera First Disney/Pixar Cars 3
- Best for Glowing Cars & Flex Tracks: Tracer Racers Race Car Track
- Best for Comfortable & Easy Set Up Tracks: Modarri NASCAR Race Car Track
- Best for Thrilling Action: Hot Wheels Race Car Track
- Best for Disney Action: Disney Pixar Cars 3 Race Car Track
- Best for Gravity-Driven Racing: Fisher-Price Amusement Park Race Car Track
- Best for STEM Learning: USA Toyz Race Car Track
- Best Track with Lift & Music: Toyeah Car Race Track
- Best for 18-ft Glowing Track: Ontel Race Car Track Toy
- Best for Exciting Ramps: Top Bright Race Car Track Toy
Top 10 Best Race Car Track Toys Reviews 2020
These amazing race car toys provide great excitement and socialization for your kids. As they play, they can acquire insights about speed, machines, tracks, friction, and other related STEM-related concepts.
Choose the best race car track toys to enhance the creativity and knowledge of your toddler.
Best for Overall: Carrera First Disney/Pixar Cars 3
|Dimensions||28.8 x 19.1 x 4.5 inches|
|Item weight||13 lbs|
|Age||8 years and older|
- Great car models and track material
- Quality time with playmates while learning
- Increases creativity and socialization
- Ergonomic car and track designs
- Easy to set up the track
- Easy to manipulate and play with cars
- None so far
This race track toy is the best when you look at the quality of its product and the excitement your child would feel while playing with it. It looks very similar to the real race track and car design is fascinating. Its car has the 1-32 scale, while the track is 1-24 scale.
Its total track length is around 17.38 ft which requires a space of 7.12’ x 4.56’ in your living area. This race car toy is good for children ages eight and older. The realistic appearance of the cars and tracks serves as a good replica for your child’s learning about racing, speed, and machines.
Overall, great price, safe material, and astonishing experience for your children’s playtime.
Best for Glowing Cars & Flex Tracks: Tracer Racers Race Car Track
|Dimensions||23.5 x 13 x 2.7 inches|
|Item weight||2.5 lbs|
|Age||8 years and older|
|Batteries||4 AA lithium-ion batteries|
- High-quality RC race cars with track set
- Glowing features for added creativity and thrill
- Long-lasting lithium-ion batteries
- Amazing glowing cars and flex tracks
- A high-quality remote control system
- Safe materials and durable car models
- All worth the price
Even at minimal lightings, this race car track set from Tracers Racers has the best glow-in-the-dark tracks and cars with LED lightings in its undercarriage. These RC cars are priced affordably with all its components at above standard quality.
As your mini car rolls over the tracks, your eyes will have a wonderful time looking at how the lights in the car’s undercarriage blend well with its flex tracks. These race cars can run up to 500 mph. It is driven by 4 AA lithium-ion batteries which last long enough to let your child enjoy.
Your kids can make creative stunts from this race car model. The preferred age for this model is 8 years and older.
Best for Comfortable & Easy Set Up Tracks: Modarri NASCAR Race Car Track
|Dimensions||19 x 14.5 x 3.9 inches|
|Item weight||2.45 lbs|
|Age||6 months to 6 years|
- EVA foam tracks which are easy to set up
- Ergonomically designed race car with some mini tools
- Great racecourse and obstacles
- Simple and easy to set up
- Space-saving race car track set
- Beautiful car design which increases creativity
- No remote control for the car
This race car track toy is a good investment for your child’s learning and playtime. This is an easy-to-setup race track so your kids will never be frustrated for waiting forever. Likewise, the construction of its car models and tracks are durable and seamless, perfect for a long-lasting feature.
This package includes 13 track pieces with EVA foam, 1 race car, 8 race cones, and other mini tools for a real-feel of the race field. With this, your child can completely explore the world of car racing and pieces of machinery.
Best for Thrilling Action: Hot Wheels Race Car Track
|Dimensions||2.8 x 24 x 15 inches|
|Item weight||1.85 lbs|
|Age||5 – 9 years|
|Batteries||4 D batteries|
- Its loop tracks for clashing and thrilling action unlocks your child’s creativity
- Beautiful and durable tracks and car models
- Reasonable price
- Increased socialization skills
- Great crashing action with friends
- Unlock your child’s imagination and ingenuity on racing
- Best for its price and quality
This race car track set from Hot Wheels greatly injects thrilling action with its four-loop crash course. Your kids will have a better time with their friends while enjoying a kick of competition with this beautiful arena.
The color combination is cool and track is durably made from safe plastic materials. Its track has many cool features such as the car feeder entry port and the 4-loop tracks.
The increasing inclination of its loop tracks spikes up to its acceleration in preparation for the clashing action in the middle. This race car set is preferred for children aged 5 to 9-year-old.
See More: Best Wooden Toy Cars 2020
Best for Disney Action: Disney Pixar Cars 3 Race Car Track
|Dimensions||4.2 x 30 x 24 inches|
|Item weight||2.2 lbs|
|Age||4 – 8 years|
|Batteries||2 D batteries needed|
- Excellent Disney feel from the movie’s epic race action
- Excellent feel and spike in a child’s imagination
- Great design and construction
- Excellent thrilling action with Disney background
- Good speed transition within the track
- Affordable price
- Better if there was an option to add or alter track design
If you are a fan of Pixar’s Cars Movie, then this race car track toy is the best option. For an affordable price, you get to let your child experience the exciting action of car racing while telling the story of Disney’s Cars.
This 5-feet race track completely depicts a realia from the story. While playing with this, you get to feel the great excitement of car racing. The inclination of its tracks enables a smooth speed transition from high to low speeds.
Likewise, the car model is great! Get a feel of the action of Cars 3 with this race car track toy.
Best for Gravity-Driven Racing: Fisher-Price Amusement Park Race Car Track
|Dimensions||26.5 x 16.5 x 30 inches|
|Item weight||2 lbs|
|Age||2 – 5 years|
- Fast acceleration due to gravity
- Fisher-Price Amusement Park Race Car Track
- Wonderful color and accessories from this race car set
- Speedy action while getting the fun of an amusement park
- Durable construction and car models
- Easy to assemble and store
- Better if tracks can be extended even more at the bottom
This space-saving race car track toy is best for your small living room space. Further, the best thing about it, is that it provides both fun for being in the amusement park and the thrill of race cars.
It is easy to assemble right out from the box. The design and color of the tracks, loops, and ramps are fascinating which greatly enhances the child’s imaginative skills. This race car track set has two car models driven by 3 AA batteries.
You will have amazing learning and playtime with your kids with this Amusement park inspired race car track set. Make your childhood memories with your child memorable with this toy.
See More: Best Kids Trampolines 2020
Best for STEM Learning: USA Toyz Race Car Track
|Dimensions||16.8x 11 x 4.1 inches|
|Item weight||3.45 lbs|
|Age||3 years and older|
- Flexible and glow-in-the-dark tracks
- Car models have good design and LED lightings
- Affordable price
- Enhances creativity and engineering skills of children
- Bonding and learning time with your kids
- Safe and durable parts and car models
- Remote control options in the future
The younger stage of your child is its formative years for something great in the future. If you want to turn him into an engineer or machinist, letting him experience the feel of car machines is a great start. In that case, this race car toy from USA Toyz is your best option.
It has colorful flex tracks that your child can assemble on his own to instill imagination and engineering skills. These colorful tracks can joyfully glow in the dark which does not hamper your child’s playtime.
Moreover, while your kid is playing you can supplement it with an explanation on why your car accelerates or slows down. This becomes a memorable time with your child as well. Likewise, this race car set can be a great gift choice for birthdays and occasions.
Best Track with Lift & Music: Toyeah Car Race Track
|Dimensions||19.6 x 13.7 x 3.1 inches|
|Item weight||3 lbs|
|Age||3 yrs and older|
- Safe materials
- Great engineering track designs plus the lift function
- Nice background music for added thrill and excitement
- Fascinating track designs, easy to set up
- Affordable price
- Good music background
- Nice to have if it was remotely controlled as well
This race car track toy got a monstrous track design which makes it more exciting than a first-level track only. Aside from that, it has lift function and background music for holistic playtime.
The materials of this race car set are made from eco-friendly and non-toxic materials. This is very safe for kids aged 3 years and older. To operate its cars, you will need a 1.5V AA battery for each car.
The design and music incorporated in this race car track set provide a great avenue for enhancing the fine motor skills and socialization of your child. Likewise, you can also explain concepts related to science about race cars. Overall, its design is great and simple to assemble.
See More: Best Electric Cars For Kids 2020
Best for 18-ft Glowing Track: Ontel Race Car Track Toy
|Dimensions||15 x 11.5 x 4.1 inches|
|Item weight||1 lb|
|Age||3 years and older|
- Glowing and colorful flex tracks
- Remote control cars with a good representation of the real ones
- Easy to assemble and eats small space in your living room
- Affordable price
- Easy to use and assemble
- Long tracks for longer playtime with friends
- Vibrant colors to enhance imaginative skills
- All worth the price
Among the top 10 best race car track toys, this one from Ontel got the longest track. Inside the box, you have 320 pieces of tracks to assemble and design is dependent on your imagination. Its tracks can be bent and glow in the dark.
This one uses car models that can be remotely controlled for added convenience and thrill. It requires 3 AAA lithium-ion batteries to power up your cars for the race. This race car toy is recommended for children aged three years and older.
They also got good customer service and warranty service for their race car track toys. Materials used have passed ASTM standards, thus, safe for your children.
Best for Exciting Ramps: Top Bright Race Car Track Toy
|Dimensions||17.6 x 12.1 x 4.3 inches|
|Item weight||2.76 lbs|
|Age||2 years and older|
- A nice gravity-driven ride from each color ramp
- Easy to assemble and store
- Enhances STEM learning and creativity
- More learnings about cars and science
- Beautiful ramps and safe materials
- Easy to play and inspires creativity
- Perhaps, better altitude so more ramps can fit in
This race car track toy from Top Bright features exciting ramps which makes use of gravity for accelerating your cars. There is a smooth and accurate fall through every ramp level. Likewise, the ramps are very colorful to instill creativity and imagination of your children.
Among the top 10 best race car track toys, this one has the best affordable price. You can also explain some science concepts about gravity, acceleration, and friction while your spending time with your kids.
This package includes 1 car storage compartment, 3 additional bridges, 6 colorful ramps, and 6 wooden ramps. This manual race car tracks will only occupy a minute space within your living area.
See More: Best Police Car Toys For Kids 2020
Race Car Track Toys Benefits
Aside from giving your child a good leisure time with these toys, there are more benefits than what you have expected. Playing with race car track toys stimulates the development of their emotional, motor, social, and physical aspects.
Kids will always be kids no matter how hard you are in trying to discipline them, still, they want to have fun and enjoy their younger years. The best way to help them is by giving them a good outlet for fun and learning.
When kids play with their race cars, they can socialize with other children. They can practice and develop their language and communication skills. Likewise, their physical and fine-motor skills are spontaneously developed as they play with their race cars.
Furthermore, these race car track toys is a good way to introduce science and force to your children. Consequently, they can realize the concept of machines, speed, force, and friction as they play.
Best Race Car Track Toys: Buyer’s Guide
Features You Need To Consider
Before purchasing a race car track toy for your children, it is best if you know the essential features you need to look for. To help you out, here are the top factors you need to consider when shopping for the best race car for your kids.
Kinds of Race Car Toys
There are three different kinds of race car tracks toys in the market, and each has its respective pros and cons. The three kinds of race cars include launcher, manual, and motorized.
- Launcher Race Car: This is a modern type of race car track toy which is geared for high-speed racing. If your child likes to have stunts for his cars, then this is the best type you need to have.
- Manual Race Car: This is the standard and simple race car track toy in the market. It is mostly priced at an affordable cost with high-quality features. There are no age requirements for getting this model for your children.
- Motorized Race Car: This is an upgrade with the manual and standard race car track toys. The main difference is that it is powered by batteries. Some of these models can be remotely controlled. You can readily adjust its speed and direction using a remote control.
Setting Up Tracks
As your kids get older, it adds more interests and creativity when they can arrange their tracks on their own. You need to consider how many tracks are there to set up and is it safe and easy for your kids to set it up themselves.
You also need to read its product label if the race car track toy can be played outside and inside your home. The tracks and racecars must have their parts and designs compatible with setting and running on bare soils or grass and carpeted floors.
Easy to store
When your kids are done playing, it is best if the tracks and race car can be easily stored to avoid loss and damages. Some race cars have a storage box included in their package.
Likewise, when there is a storage box, you can secure a clutter-free floor after their playtime.
Built-in Songs or Musical Background
Aside from the beautiful design and shape of your race cars, having built-in songs will enhance the creativity and interest of your children. A song accompaniment can strengthen their focus and interest in their playtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
For further information, most clients ask these questions for better judgment and decision in purchasing the best race car track toys.
Does Warranty Service Matter?
For any toys or products, you need to also look at their warranty service to protect yourself from any undetected factory problems. The warranty coverage of most race cars is around 1 to 2 years.
Which is better, battery-operated or manual race car track toys?
Convenience and practicality are one of the important factors you need to consider when choosing between a battery-operated or manual race car toy. The latter would cost more affordably than the former because of its better convenience feature.
A battery-operated race car will have a better speed advantage compared to manual types. Likewise, some of them are remotely controlled for better accessibility. Nevertheless, you need to be willing to pay the price of a battery-driven race car for its given benefits.
Do You Need to Consider Track Size?
Absolutely yes. If you buy a track size that is 18-feet long, except that it would eat up a huge space in your living room. For this high traffic area, you need to maintain a smooth flow of foot movement while your child’s race car track toys are on the floor.
What are some of the good accessories for race car track toys?
All toys have their respective accessories to make the whole experience more exciting and interesting. For your race car track toys, the most common accessories include bridges, signs, roadblocks, slopes, and bumpers.
Aside from increasing imagination, it also increases their knowledge and tactical skills on how to maneuver over humps and bumps.
Is It Good to Expand Your Tracks?
Most race car track toy manufacturers ergonomically designed their toys for easy track expansion. When you can extend your tracks, there is more fun and socialization among your child’s playmates.
Nevertheless, you need to check the dimension and length of our existing tracks before buying an extension.
Is there a specific age requirement for getting a race car toy?
Most manufacturers would indicate that race cars are suitable for children age 3 to 8 years old. This is highly emphasized because these toys have smaller parts which must not be swallowed or bitten by your child.
Further, some of these race cars are remotely controlled, thus, your child must be old enough to understand how to manipulate it. I also recommend that you choose a race car toy that is easy to use and manipulate so that your child will have more fun.
Our Top Pick
The top pick for this review is the Carrera Evolution Race Car Track Toy. The car models for this set are very comparable to the real-life models. The tracks are easy to assemble and do not take up much space. Nevertheless, you can readily upgrade its tracks with 124 to 132 track pieces.
These remote-controlled cars feature the Chevrolet Camaro Sheriff and Ford Mustang GT car models. With this race car set, you are assured of quality playtime and learning. They will also have a cool time playing with their friends and siblings which stimulates communication and rapport.
Overall, I find this race car track toy of great value and investment for the happiness and STEM learning of your kids.
- Top 30 Best Wooden Toy Cars Reviews 2020
- Top 8 Best Doctor Kit Toys for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Spy Gear Toys for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Gardening Tools for Kids Reviews 2020
- Top 30 Best Firetruck Toys for Kids and Toddlers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Baby Gates Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Baby Humidifiers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Sprinklers for Kids Reviews 2020