These Gluten Free brownies were a little bit of a happy accident. I read the recipe wrong and ended up with these devilishly delicious gooey brownies. Mmmmmmm they are so good. Crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. I shared a photo of a piece oozing chocolate on instagram and a few people asked for the recipe, so here goes.
Now I must warn you, you can’t even remotely kid yourself that these are healthy. So best save them for the weekend when we all indulge just a little.
We all made them together, Sarah (2yrs) carefully whisking eggs and Jack (4yrs) measuring and sifting flour. And as the mixture came together more and more, their impulse to stick little fingers in grew and grew.
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups GF plain (all-purpose) flour – we use ORGRAN brand
- 1/2 cup GF cocoa – we use Woolworths Home Brand
- 250g unsalted butter – melted
- 4 eggs – lightly beaten
- 100g dark chocolate – chopped
- 100g milk chocolate – chopped
- icing sugar for dusting
OVEN: 180c (356F)
- Combine the melted butter and the brown sugar. Stir in the eggs. Add the flour and the cocoa and mix until it all comes together.
- Add the chopped dark and milk chocolate and mix it all together.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Cool them on a rack then dust with icing sugar.
Enjoy the gooey goodness.
A family home of our own. Our first one. Next week we are moving. I am so crazy excited in anticipation. But there is so very much to do before now and then. One house to pack and another to unpack. It’s going to take all our spare time.
So I think I need to take a little break from here for a while. There is so much to do. We need to downsize a lot; our new home is much smaller than this one. I need to really prioritise; what do we really need? What enriches our lives? What is simply clutter and taking up space? I think we’ll need a Skip bin or two as well as a few trips to the charity stores.
So I’ll see you all in a fortnight from our new home. I am so looking forward to showing you around. It really is lovely.
We spent a long weekend in Sydney. Just me and my love. We moved so very slowly, enjoyed dinner late at night after a movie and read the paper over breakfast. It was wonderful.
- our view of the Opera House and Circular Quay from our hotel room
- after a nice slow breakfast we wandered the market stalls at The Rocks
- we caught the ferry around the harbour
- we watched the sun go down over the Opera House
- and on a foggy morning, headed home again to the warm snuggly arms of our little ones
So very blessed.
Hope you all had a wonderful week too.
See this handsome man? Well tomorrow will be our 15th wedding anniversary. Gosh. 15yrs. And do you know what this lovely man did? Well he organised for his parents to fly down tomorrow to look after Jack and Sarah while we take three days away!
We’re heading to Sydney! A room with a harbour view. Magnificent. We’ll have breakfast at 9 in a cafe, stroll along the harbour, have dinner in a fancy restaurant and stay out late.
I am so very looking forward to it.
So, I’ll be off for a few days. I might come back on Sunday to show-off some of the wonderful things we got up to… maybe
Oh and if you were planning on posting a Remnants of Play photo post on Friday, I’d still love to see them. I’ll post mine next Friday.
So I’ll see you all on Sunday…maybe…or Monday After I am completely relaxed from our little break away.